Sunday, May 25, 2008

On Introductions:

My experimental stint as a vegetarian has proven unremarkable.  Within the last two weeks, my greatest and most theatrical triumph over temptation has been declining a ladle full of Souplantation's "Yankee Clam Chowder".

Let's face it, I'm not much of a carnivore.  I'm more of an apatosaurus, a poet, a hairdo, a philosopher!  Like Nietzsche, with less syphilis.  And I am undaunted by the prospect of a meatless summer.  One small statistic to kick off the blog:

80% of America's farmland is used to grow crops that will feed the animals we eat.

Think Think Think.

This is important, however this blog will not just be about vegetarianism.  It will also address topics like the art of amassing compartmentalized knowledge.  And questions, like are naps good or bad?  Why is writing poetry in summertime like wading through the bog of eternal stench?  Plus creatures of the deep.  Thrift store fashion.  Oral sex.  Cats on diets.

Expect the future to be rife with excitement.

No comments: