If I had to take a Freudian stab at my motivation for this jarring activity, I would take two stabs. The first is that I am concerned about disposable plastics, and keeping my food in jars smoothes a band-aid over the reality that my country uses 12 million barrels of oil per year to make plastic grocery bags alone. My big American footprint feels more petite, even if it isn't.
My second theory is that keeping healthy food in glass containers gives it an edge over the flashy packaging of junk foods. It becomes a precious commodity. And I feel witchy, close to the earth in a way that is cool and not hippy-ish. Surrounded by motley jars of spices and grains that only I can identify. This is my tiny interior world.

1 comment:
I like to put things jars too. Things just seem fresher in glass.
Post a Comment