Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Eco-Cake

I made Scott a chocolate cake with buttercream frosting for his 32nd birthday yesterday.



I had to go buy a bunch of ingredients that I wouldn't normally buy, ever, unless I was bent on becoming hyperglycemic ASAP.

What you would not know unless I told you, is that this cake is completely vegan.  The type of vegan food that I usually eat is full of vitamins, minerals, fiber and antioxidants, but making this cake taught me that vegan food can be just as terrible for you as you would like it to be. It is moist and delicious, if a bit soporific.

I had some extra batter so I made a few cupcakes, and brought one to a complete stranger, a guy who drove to Mission Beach to show me his RV for sale. He raved about how good the cupcake tasted.   I thanked him for showing me the RV, and he said that the cupcake had made the trip worthwhile. Ha-Ha, RV guy! Little did you know, I fed you a cruelty-free baked good!  Owned!

No comments: