Friday, July 17, 2009

Lingering in Pacific Beach

It has long been a fantasy of mine to live in sight of Henry's Marketplace, my favorite grocery store in Pacific Beach. Parking my RV across the street from it isn't exactly what I had in mind, but if my front yard has to be a road, it might as well be the road that leads directly to vegetable paradise.

With a little help from the break room down the hall from Scott's studio, we are able to muster a good, fresh meal in between peanut butter sandwiches:


Yes, I am still in San Diego. Various holdups have tethered us to this coast, most notably repairs for the RV, AKA The Pretty Thing, AKA The Money Trap. Without a job any longer, I have been wiling away the hours at the coffee shop, the Vegan Zone or the China Inn, here drinking a flaming cocktail with Bennett.


Today, Scott and I made our final trip to the mechanic, then wandered around Kearney Mesa getting sunburned, shopping at the Asian markets and worrying about our beloved RV as it lay helpless on the lift. Here's a picture of a tank full of catfish at the market:


And here's Scott worrying in a Starbucks:


Despite the setbacks, we are now officially road-ready and setting out Sunday morning. Scott, me, and our two cats-- all learning how to be robust and thrive in our temporary house on wheels. First stop: some Walmart parking lot in Arizona, most likely. Bon Voyage!

No comments: