Thursday, May 7, 2009

"The Pretty Thing" or, RV Living Part 1





Here it is, the 1988 Pace Arrow 28 ft. motor home that Scott and I will be Louis and Clarking about in only two short months from now!

That large, inviting swath of space on the side will be adorned with a (removable, for the sake of future sale) hippopotamus and an octopus drinking a green smoothie, along with the motorhome's new name, The Pretty Thing. (When I asked the seller why he was getting rid of the RV, he told me, "My girlfriend and I broke up- she was the one who liked the pretty things in life.")

Not pictured are the queen sized bed in the back, the kitchen, bathroom, shower, and many storage closets and cabinets. Pictured: my stellar curbside parking job. Yeah I know there were no other vehicles to maneuver between, but I still felt like that girl from Whale Rider.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Your ride is beautiful. Especially the stripes.

I hope it guides you two to Texas.

Terita said...

Thank you Jenny! We are totally coming through Texas, and we'll keep you updated. I can't wait :)

manta ray said...

it's huge! i love the thought of you driving it.
for you two: http://pharyngula.org/images/teraoka_octopus.jpg

-marilia