HONK IF YOU LOVE CABBAGE!
Okay, so I wouldn't make it in the bumper sticker business. But if my rowdy proclamations leave you even a little bit excited, you should try my delicious cabbage and lentil saute.

This is a simpler and more delicate version of the cabbage and beans recipe I posted about in March.
1/2 cup dry lentils
1/2 a small white cabbage, chopped
1/2 a small yellow onion, sliced
1/2 cup tomato-based pasta sauce
few Tbls. olive oil
Rinse lentils and set to simmer, covered, in 1 1/2 cups of water. In a medium pan, saute cabbage and sliced onion in olive oil 5-10 minutes until tender but still slightly crunchy. (This is where I remove the cabbage from the heat and grind an unholy amount of black pepper into the mix.) When lentils are cooked through, drain off any excess water and toss them together with the cabbage and pasta sauce. Enjoy it two days in a row! Leftovers are just as good with this one.

No comments:
Post a Comment