Monday, June 15, 2009

Walnut Tapenade

Many a vegetarian has been tempted back to carnivorous habits by the rich and fishy paste that is Tapenade. Okay, that's probably not true. In fact, even in the old days when I ate fish, I probably would have turned down a traditional tapenade at the merest suggestion of the word 'anchovy', or maybe even any word beginning with A, just to be safe.

This tapenade, though, is made with walnuts, and is awesomely delicious. I came up with the idea after simultaneously snacking on walnuts and olives and realizing that there was something magical happening in my mouth.



kalamata olives, minced
raw walnuts, chopped
olive oil
lemon juice
dried garlic garlic
salt and freshly ground pepper to taste

Make up your own proportions, and degree of smoothness. Pop it in the blender/food processor for a more pureed consistency than that shown by yours truly, lazy bones who didn't want to wash the blender. Enjoy with crackers, vegetables or toast!

No comments: