I'm back from the oral surgeon two wisdom teeth poorer, but two gaping bloody holes richer! The entire procedure with the harried surgeon through my cut-rate dental insurance took about ten minutes, no joke. Yank, yank, stitch, stitch, go eat some ice cream. My favorite part was when the surgeon and his assistent took to urgent, panicked whispering immediately after finishing, examining the tools they had just used and saying "Is this what you used?? Who put this tray together?" etc. I never did get a straight answer from them as to what was amiss. Just some vague explanation about the wrong-sized razor, and utterly unconvincing assurances that they used the RIGHT one on me.
Now, however, I am back home with no obvious complications, just lots of drool and gauze. I made a special smoothie out of pear, mango, banana, avocado, dandelion greens, spinach and parsley and I will say this: I drink green smoothies every day, and enjoy them thoroughly, but the first drooling, artless sip of this smoothie in particular was so refreshing and so vitalizing that I feel compelled to mention it here. Plenty of vitamins, including lots of Vitamin K for blood clots that stay in place, good monosaturated fats, fiber and antioxidants make my green smoothie the perfect recovery food.
That's not to say I won't also have vegan ice cream later, maybe after the novocaine wears off and I am miserable and Scott is crunching on tortilla chips.
But for now, amazing greeny-ness.
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment