Monday, March 29, 2010

Day 30

I did it! Yesterday was my last designated day nearly free of processed sugar. With perhaps one or two barely-notable exceptions, I consumed a teaspoon or less of added sugar per day all month. The upper recommended limit is 6 added teaspoons per day for women, and the average American consumes a whopping 22 added teaspoons a day. So I done good.

My breakfast yesterday was a local feast: Florida strawberries, eggs from the next county over, and greens from my own backyard.



3/28/10
• 2-egg omelet w/broccoli, onion, red bell pepper and garden greens, 3 strawberries
• steel cut oats w/goji berries, raisins, raw pecans, raw sunflower seeds, coconut oil, dried unsweetened coconut.
• curried mustard greens, WW pita chips w/hummus

• 1 tiny square organic milk chocolate
• 1 grapefruit

1 comment:

allhealingispossible said...

Congratulations!! And I'm totally equally impressed by the foods you HAVE BEEN eating (wow!) as by your month-long banishment of the "white menace!"