Saturday, March 6, 2010

Thai Spring Vegetable Soup

This is like Pho redux, thrown together to use up some Asian vegetables in the fridge, and more delicious than anything I have eaten... ever. I didn't measure anything because I knew not how delicious it would turn out to be.

Thai Spring Vegetable Soup

“Better than Bouillon” organic vegetable base
fresh garlic
fresh ginger root
soy sauce

sweet potato, peeled and cut in bite-sized chunks
baby bok choy
bean sprouts
yellow onion
celery

cilantro
Sriracha hot sauce
spring onions
fresh lime

Directions:
Heat water on the stove and add a small dollop of vegetable base, a splash of soy sauce and generous amounts of grated ginger and garlic.

Steam the sweet potato chunks

Sautee yellow onions, celery, bok choy and sprouts until tender but still a bit crisp. (I used butter).

To each serving bowl, add a handful of chopped scallions and cilantro, a squeeze of lime and a dash of seasoned rice vinegar. Pile in sauteed vegetables and sweet potatoes and pour broth over everything. Add Sriracha to taste. Die from happiness.

No comments: