Sunday, April 18, 2010

Day 15

Those raspberry frozen yogurt granola bars are what some people call "feel good" food. The product is packaged like a health food (this one brags about probiotics, low fat and high fiber) but it's actually loaded with some of the worst crap the processed food industry can come up with, like hydrogenated oil, high fructose corn syrup, and loads of artificial flavorings.

These days, I would never buy this product. My roommate who moved out left the box behind (among other, more welcome food items, like the head of cauliflower I roasted the other day). I could throw the bars away, but for one thing I hate waste, and for another thing they are really f*ing delicious. I'm trying to whittle down the box by splitting one bar at a time with Scott. I don't like having them in the house. They haunt me.


4/17/10
GS: collards, spinach, parsley, 1 pear, 1 apple, frozen mango chunks, hemp seeds
• 1 slice WW toast with grated garlic and parmesan EVOO
• buttered lima beans and sliced raw tomatoes, ½ kiwi
• few mixed nuts, 1 date
broccoli/cheddar/onion quinoa casserole
• 1 tiny square organic dark chocolate, 1 date
• gallery food: potatoes and arugula, fresh strawberries w/ little lemon whipped cream
• party food: Triscuits w/spinach artichoke dip, bruschetta on French bread.
• ½ raspberry granola frozen yogurt bar

No comments: